Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Where have I been? What have I been up to?

I am aware I have been absent from both the web and glass in general for the 4-6 weeks. I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just got rapped up in another project. Over the last six months my Husband and I had been planning to open a restaurant. During his carrier, David has opened and run restaurants for other people and companies. It was time now to do it for himself. So, January 1st we opened the doors of the historic building on Highway 281 North that once housed Ferdie's. My Place Bar & Grille was born.
-
It has been an exciting but all consuming adventure. Every waking moment the last six weeks seems to have gone to some type of restaurant related function. My creative moments once spent on glass turned to assisting with menu development, photographing food or working on the website. I have learned so much and know I have so much more to learn in order to help David achieve his goals.

This does not mean I have forgotten my goals. This last weekend I taught Fusing I and II classes at Wired Designs Studio and it was a welcome opportunity to be back in the studio. As the restaurant develops I am working on the balance required for my own physical and spiritual health. Glass plays a healthy part in this. Over the next few months I am looking forward to teaching regular workshops at Wired Designs Studio, special events with Sweet Liberty Creations, exciting programs and events with the San Antonio Glass Art Guild (SAGAG), taking workshops and working on projects for the San Antonio Calligraphy Guild (SACG) Spring show and attending the Glass Craft Expo in Las Vegas in April. So much to do, so little time. But then again I have always liked to stay busy.

A big thanks to everyone for their support. Specifically my fellow SAGAG member Denise who did a fabulous job with logo design for the restaurant. I am indebted to you. Thank you!

-

-

No comments: