Monday, March 31, 2008

Independent Favorites

If you don't mind, I'm going to step up on my soap box for just a bit...
-
No knock on the big super stores, they have there place. But it is extremely important we we remember and support our local independent retailers and service providers. Many of our most valuable resources are independent businesses and self employed craftsman. These individuals typically provide a product, level or service, and quality you can not find mass produced and hermetically sealed in cellophane. They take on risks, often working extremely hard with little support to do something they love and believe in. It's a way of life, which may mean trading one perk for another (e.g. a retirement plan or health insurance for the flexibility to be available to their children). When possible I encourage you to make the choice to spend your dollar in support of small or local business. You can often find better products and service for yourself while helping others live their dreams.
-
Here are a few of my favorites:
-
Wired Designs Studio a working glass gallery and teaching studio... my home away from home
-
Eva Magana Photography my favorite photographer and good friend
-
My Place Bar & Grille my husband's passion and hard work personified as great food
-
Diane Kipfer at Sweet Liberty Creations in Liberty Hill, Texas
-
The Cup Cake Diva her margarita key lime cup cakes are amazing
-
McCall Creek Farms a must stop summer or fall when driving HWY 281 between Blanco and Johnson City for farm fresh produce. The blackberries never survive the drive home.
-
Potranco Automotive now these guys I trust
-
River City Grille in Marble Falls, Texas with a spectacular view of the Colorado River
-
My favorite flame worker Nina "Sam " Hibler with Dream Fire
-
Ohhh, and of course me
-
These just of few of my favorites.
What are yours?
-

No comments: