Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Percipitation 90% Light Rain / Some Snow

-
Today's weather calls for a chance of snow but anyone living tn South Texas knows not to hold their breath. The chance we will see snow is slim. More likely it will just be cold and wet. What might have been snow will be sleet or just plan rain. By tomorrow the sun will be out again. If I want snow I'm going to have to create it myself. So I did. My own little version using glass powers fired and then carved. 
-
  9.5 x 12 cm kilnformed and cut glass
-
The skills used to create this and other exciting pieces are one of a handful of techniques taught in my workshop Power of Powders at Wired Designs Studio. Students learn to create imagery, depth, and drama in your work by creating Powder Wafers for small and large projects, explore crackled powder techniques, and experience Intaglio and Cameo Carving of Powdered Layers. This specialty class shows the exciting power adding powder can add to your fused work. The next class begins Monday evening March 1st. If you miss this there is bound to be another one just around the corner. You can check the online calendar for class upcoming dates.

Recent weather across the country seems to be telling us that winter and by extension the need for winter fashion are by no means over. So I'll keep throwing new crocheted scarves online, so you can bundle up in style when you head out  into the cold.
-

-

1 comment:

Nicole V Lozano said...

No sooner did I publish this post did it start to flurry, which has continued off and on for the past hour. Now to my defense, none of yet has yet to stick. No matter it is still quite special to see snow fall from a South Texas sky.