Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Memories of Glacier Bay

“We do not see things the way they are.
We see them as we are.” Anis Nin


From the moment I opened the kiln, I was transported back to September of 1999, when I spent a day admiring the majestic wonders of Glacier Bay National Park. What struck me most was the water, ice floating above and beneath the surface, pockets of colors in deep shades of blues and greens, and the slow movement of the currents. Now I am not trying to tell you I made this piece to represent those images, rather that is what I saw based on my personal experiences. Although the piece remains the same, we may all see something different. No two people see an object quite the same way. I see Glacier Bay. What do you see?
-

1 comment:

megan said...

This is beautiful, but better than that...everything you saw (and described in your post) is visible here. Makes me want to run my fingers across its surface & feel the flow.