Thursday, December 30, 2010

Lettering in Glass

-
12 x 9.5 cm framed, soda lime glass and enamel
-
Like so many, I crafted and created all sorts of things long before I ever came to work with glass. Along the way, I was exposed to all kinds of techniques and materials, some of which I still enjoy and share with you here from time to time (e.g. crochet, calligraphy, photography and bookbinding). These are not experiences one just checks at the studio door. In fact, they often contribute to the design or direction a particular work in glass may take.
-
Of particular interested to me has been bringing my love of calligraphy to my work in glass. So I am very excited to be offering a one day workshop highlighting multiple ways to letter in glass. During this workshop we will work both on the surface of glass and in/with glass itself learning to etch, sandblast and carve lettering onto the surface as well as using various techniques to apply enamels and glass powders which will be kiln fired.
-
This class will offer techniques fusers can include in their “toolbox” for design. But it is not just for fusers. Open to anyone interested in lettering, this is a great opportunity for calligraphers, scrapbookers, or writers to experiment with ways to capture words in glass.
-
12x12" sandblasted and kinformed float glass
-
Lettering in Glass workshops are scheduled for Saturday, January 8, 2011 from 9:00am-5:00pm and Sunday, June 26, 2001 from 9:00am-5:00pm. For more information and to sign up contact Wired Designs Studio at 210-495-4495.
-

No comments: