Monday, April 25, 2011

Bulverde

-
Bulverde 
Torchworked, Kilnformed and Coldworked Glass Platter
-
This is the third and I expect the last of the bull inspired series of functional plate and platters. It began with Asta de Toro Azul. I enjoyed making these pieces so much I was encouraged to do it again with Against the Grain.
 -
-
With Bulverde I took it a step further adding flameworked elements. I was also glad to see that others enjoyed the work as much as I did. Upon delivering this series to Artisans at Rocky Hill I watched as several pieces walked out the door on their way to new homes the very first day. Creating these pieces is wonderful but knowing they will go on to live full lives bringing joy to others is even better.
-
Pieces from the Bulverde series are available
-

No comments: