Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Art of Family

The opening for the current show at the SAVA gallery, at Rivercenter Mall, is tonight from 6-8pm.The theme of this exhibit is the “Art of Family” in honor of Mother's day. The show includes some really inspired and unique pieces representing various generations of family members. I was particularly surprised and honored when SAVA's President Shirlene dedicated the show my mother, Ana Vachier, who is participating with me posthumously.
-

Family Tree, 2009
16 1/2 x 23 1/2" framed
torch-worked and kiln-formed soda lime glass
-
The design element which is the foundation for this piece was created by my mother originally as a piece of filigree crochet. Although not visible in the photograph, behind the glass in the top of the piece are exerts from devotional journals in her own hand.
-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really great...I am very happy for you...The piece is beautiful..

Love ya,
Cat

Rose said...

Very nice Work, Nicole. I am glad that Victor passed this along to me. Now I can view all past and current accomplishments on you Glass Art. Fantastic, Rose