Monday, January 16, 2012

What a Weekend

Saturday
The official grand opening of Dream Fire Glass's new studio was a fun filled day of activities. I'll show you...
-
Throughout the day there were demonstrations, food, drink, and socializing among old and new friends.
-

In the late afternoon a crowd gathered to break the pinata. Stuffed with more then just candy. Grown adults elbowed there way for prizes. The last time I hit a Pinata was in elementary school. This was too much fun.
-

As the evening approached there was a visit from some of the Brothers of the Flame. These guys are just amazing. If you ever have a chance to see them perform you absolutely should.
-
Sunday
I spent the day at Wired Designs Studio taking an introductory welding workshops. It was a nice change of pace to be taking vs. teaching a workshop at Wired Designs.
-

I learned the basics of the established welding processes available and had a chance to use an oxy-acetylene torch and two different MIG welding set ups.   Based on what I have learned so far I think the oxy-acetylene may be the right option for me. Fire good...
-
Next Sunday I'll be back at Wired Designs to teach a fused glass workshops on sanblasting iridized glass.

No comments: