Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Saints Day

I haven’t crocheted in months, almost a year really. But in the last few weeks I got this craving to pull all my yarn out of the closet, watch chick flicks in my pajamas and crochet. I was sure it was the cool fall weather bringing this on but this morning I realized it was thoughts of my mother, who passed away two years ago today. So in memory of my mom who so patiently taught me to crochet, here are a few pictures of items I have made this last week.
-









Made with 2 balls of Bernat Galaxy Nouveau, Mercury.
-








-
Just one ball of Lions Brand Jiffy Thick and Quick made this scarf. Using a Q hook and double crochet stitches I was able to whip this out in a little less then half an hour.
-

1 comment:

Cheryl Finley said...

What a beautiful and soothing way to honor your mother. Those warm and fuzzy memories of my mom (and dad)give me comfort. What you've created is beautiful...all the colors and textures. I too crochet and have handmade memories of my mom (she made wonderful, artful potholders); and my grandmother, she'd make knitted cotton dishcloths among many other things. Enjoy your colorful, texutured memories...thanks for sharing them.