Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sunday Morning Art Attack

-
Sunday morning a small band of San Antonio Visual Artists (SAVA) took to the streets of downtown armed with paints, brushes and a trolley pass. Stopping briefly (for no more the 5-7 minutes) in front of the Alamo, along the Riverwalk, Market Square and Commerce Street we painted canvases, Plexiglass and yes even ourselves. The focus of this guerrilla art activity was the action. We came out of nowhere, created in a frenzy of flying paint (sometimes literally) and then were off. Artists were painting other artists while being painted themselves. I’m not sure if we attracted more attention with our actions or our appearance, but in the end a good time was had by all.
-
walking through downtown San Antonio, with wet paint on our backs

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, it was great to meet you Sunday! I really like the images of your work on the blog here.

I've posted some photos of the "art attack" on my blog.

http://rebosse.livejournal.com/87341.html

I'll try and make it out to My Place Bar & Grill some day.

Erik

Nicole V Lozano said...

Erik's article captures the events of our art attack with such. I really enjoyed it. It gave me a chance to pick up on a few details I had not noticed even being their (like the unknown photo taker in market square).