Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Sites and Sounds of Market Square

-
It was just over a month ago that I spent a day in Market Square selling my wares to tourists and locals alike. During the long afternoon there were moments when I sat back and took in the festivities around me. The smell of fajitas pored out of the restaurants in billowing clouds of steam. Mariachis playing the same four songs over and over competed with the sounds of street singers performing for tips. And the mix of old and new architecture spanning from 1820 to the modern day Museo Alameda provided the backdrop for families enjoying a Saturday afternoon. At the time I longed to have my camera. So the next time I was in the neighborhood I stopped, put some change in the parking meter and ran in for a few quick shots.
-



-
-



-

1 comment:

Deb G said...

I really like the photo in the middle. Such beautiful colors and shadows.