Saturday, August 14, 2010

Warm Glass Resources

-

Contemporary Fused GlassToday I lead a Fusing I workshop at Wired Designs Studio. During these classes, I like to direct students to resources they can go to review the material we discussed. Consistently the resources I have recommend include Contemporary Warm Glass by Brad Walkers and Richard La Londe's Fused Glass Art and Technique. This Year Brad Walker put out a updated version of his book as Contemporary Fused Glass. It includes much of the same content as the original but with updated technical information and examples of contemporary glass artwork.  This is a great resource for anyone interesting in pursuing kiln formed glass. My advice to students, read it through so you are familiar with what it contains. Then keep it handy so you can refer back to it with you have questions or are preparing for a project.
-

No comments: