Friday, June 3, 2011

Lunch Time Read

-
On a recent visit to Half Price Books and Records on Broadway I picked up a slew of really fabulous art, glass and calligraphy related reads. It was like stumbling on my own personal treasure. Since then they have been stacked in a pile in the living room unread. This morning I grabbed Contemporary Glass a black dog publishing book from the top of that stack, as I made a mad dash for the door. Seems I'm always running in the morning. Later that afternoon I found a spot with a little sunshine to enjoyed  a lunch time read. Contemporary Glass provided a light historical foundation focusing on the studio glass movement followed by the profiles of over 60 contemporary international glass artists. Sprinkled in a couple of spots where a handful of rather interesting essays. It was just perfect for a one hour break. I left lunch hungry to get into my own studio and get to work.
-

No comments: