Monday, May 27, 2013

My May Visit to Artisans


20" Transparent Glass Bowl with Weave
I learned Saturday this bowl had sold. A bit of sunshine in an otherwise gray and rainy day. Warm yellows, orange and reds in a patchwork of color centered around a glass weave would brighten just about any ones day. This piece is tactile and decorative. An enjoyable piece to make and hopefully own.

After stretching myself to work in bright colors for a little while I am returning to a color pallet that comes more natural to me. I think this series suits the world around me at present; wet rainy days, morning commutes to work and ever expanding urban sprawl. 

Tiles in the Kiln Ready to be Slumped
I was still hard at work on these pieces during the heavy rains  this weekend that lead to a minor flood in my home studio. An opportunity to clean and organize I kept telling myself. Other then a bag of plaster there was very little lost.  Despite the craziness, I was still able to complete this series in time for my trip to Fredricksburg.
 
A beautiful Memorial Day Monday made for a great visit to Artisans of Rocky Hill. The town was full of visitors enjoying the Nimitz Museum in honor of the Holiday.

Morning Commute - Flameworked and Kilnformed Soda Lime Glass

No comments: