Monday, September 17, 2007

I heard the voice of angles

Last night I had the privilege of being present at a performance by Itzhak Perlman with the San Antonio Symphony. The symphony first performed Beethoven's Symphony No. 7 in A major, Op. 92. This was followed by Beethoven's Concerto in D major for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 61 performed with Itzhak Perlman. I was... and still am amazed at the sweet sounds that emanated from his violin. For the brief time during which he played I found myself transported. My mind wandered not in distraction but in almost a meditative state of peace and tranquility. I am truly grateful for having been provided the opportunity to attend this event. It was inspiring.
-
-
San Antonio a city rich in history and culture has, at times, struggled to sustain its' symphony. For this reason I was equally excited to see a sold out theater truly appreciate the performance presented to them. I hope events such as this continue to infuse enthusiasm into the community to return with equal vigor for future performances. Interested? You can see a full 2007 - 2008 San Antonio Symphony Classical and Pops schedule online at http://www.sasymphony.org/.
-

No comments: