Friday, October 10, 2008

What I've Been Up To...

-
Having taken a few days to recuperate and reassess after several weeks of local art and craft fairs, I thought you my be interested in a brief update on my recent activities. I would like to start by thanking those of you who made recent purchases. The proceeds of these sales go directly to new supplies, tools and to pay for workshops with national instructors. If you have purchased my work over several years you will see the quality and complexity of my work has increased. I could not have done this without your support. Thank you.

While selling work in Market Square and at the Encino Park Craft Fair, I had the opportunity to meet fellow members of the San Antonio Visual Artists (SAVA) group. This fast growing group of artists has expanded so much in the past year. I am excited to see the number of glass artist joining has justified our own section in the groups directors of artists. SAVA is holding its' first annual juried art show Admiration, for which I am excited to say I have been excepted. And it seems to have become common for me to bump into SAVA members at events around San Antonio. For example, this past weekend I meet Christian Deworde and Tony Garcia selling their work at the Encino Park Craft Fair. As we struck up a conversation Tony and I realized we were both excepted into SAVA's Admiration exhibit scheduled to open to the public on October 24th. I was very excited to have been excepted into this inaugural show and equally excited to meet another participating artists.
-
Christian Deworde - Oil on Wood 16x24"
-
One of Christian Deworde's pieces came home with me from the Encino Park Craft Fair. Christian painted many of his pieces on wood adding an additional depth/texture to his work as he worked oil paints into the grain. He was the second artist I spoke to this weekend who referred to dreams or visions as material for his work. I find it intriguing how different artists find inspiration. Using one's dreams is so very different from the way I work. Thank you Christian for sharing you inspiration as well as your work.
-

No comments: