Sunday, December 21, 2008

Handmade Holiday Gifts

My favorite gifts to give each year are those I make myself or purchase as handmade gifts. This year isn't much different. It began for me at the San Antonio Glass Art Guild (SAGAG) Holiday Party were we had our annual gift exchange. This year I took one of the clocks I have begun making as my contribution for the exchange.

6" glass frame with 3" clock face

For some of my dearest friends at Wired Designs Studio I made gifts which I hoped they would like based on the comments they had made as they saw my working throughout the year. Some of these gifts included small vessels or jewelry made from recycled glass.








And for my annual ornament exchange with friends I made copper foiled ornaments using the techniques I learned from Natalie in her stained glass jewelry workshop. My only disappointment is that my holiday gift making has been cut short (no pun intended) due to a freak accident that cut my right index finger. That means no last minuet crocheted gifts (you are so lucky Sue) or Christmas cards as I spend the next 1-2 weeks healing.

No comments: