Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fused Glass - a First and Second Time

-
I can be a real klutz sometimes but this was definitely not my fault. Having completed a series of 15x15" fused glass pannels installed in rod iron frames in a clients home, I was feeling pretty good. The client seemed to like them. I was even content with the pieces and how they looked in the space. It was at this moment of self-elevated accomplishment that I turned my back. It only took a split second for it to all come crashing down. The glass must have been suicidal because it threw itself down onto a tile floor. Ahh... Humbleville. What had arrived carefully packaged in bubble wrap was now leaving in trash can. But I wasn't about to actually throw it away...
-



-
-
-
-
-
-
-
One of the beauties of fusing glass is it can almost always be given a whole new life. This 9" square sushi and 6" clock was created with the shards of that broken panel. After all, don't we all deserve a second chance.
-
-

2 comments:

Deb G said...

What lovely recycling!

Anonymous said...

love the clock!