Thursday, January 21, 2010

Idle Hands...

Still in search of things to do while watching Law & Order marathons with my foot propped up on on a small mountain of pillows, I came across a needlepoint kit  I purchased at a craft mega-store. The kit included:
  • A little silk purse with the pattern printed on it
  • Needles
  • More then plenty of the two colors of thread 
  • A package of small glass seed beads
  • Instructions
-
 
-

-
It took me one to two hours to complete. Considering I just about never do any needlepoint I wasn't too disappointed. Here is the completed item. I did switch out the little knot button with one I had in my household jar of old buttons.
-
 
-
The item not included in the kit that you will need is something to cut the threads as you work. Yes, just about any pair of scissors will do and you can break glass with a hammer... But when possible you should use the right tool for the job. Since I have been doing all that crocheting I happen to have my Gingher Embroidery Scissors on hand. A finely crafted German tool that should be used strictly for cutting threads. This tool  is perfect for anyone who does needlepoint, embroidery, crochet or knitting. In the glass world a comparable tool would be your Toyo Cutter. I can't imagine working on glass with out it just as I expect my Gingher's to be in the pocket of my knitting bag when I reach for them.
-

No comments: