Monday, February 22, 2010

Crochet Pocket Purse


Enough scarves... The pattern for these little pocket purses came from Cozy Crochet Kit: Simple Instructions and Tools for 25 Terrific Crochet Projects. I simply adjusted the size as I desired. I had received this kit as a gift several years ago. It includes;
  • 25 instructions cards with projects ranked by skill levels 1-3
  • A little instruction booklet that covers basic information and stitches
  • A bit of yarn to complete a small level 1 project 
  • 5 plastic hooks of various sizes
The kit's yarn was of surprising good quality. The plastic crochet hooks, not so much. Overall the kit is cute and makes a nice gift for someone who has expressed interest in trying out this hobby. For the cost of a newsstand magazine there is little to no risk. If one decides they want to continue to crochet beyond just one or two basic projects, I think they will quickly discard the cheap little plastic hooks that come with this kit for a better quality tool. I prefer those made by Susan Bates. I outfitted mine with cushioned grips to keep my fingers from slipping and to decrease the pressure on my finger tips. You should be able to acquire a set of good hooks and grips for under $10.
-

1 comment:

Nicole V Lozano said...

I completely forgot about these cute little clutches. Just came across them again the other day and decided to post them on etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79327944/crochet-clutch

http://www.etsy.com/listing/79318534/small-chrochet-pocket-purse?ref=v1_other_1