Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why I'll Never Be Even a 1/2 Decent Calligrapher

-
1st you must practice, practice, practice 
requiring repetition, patience and discipline
2nd I would have to sit still for extended periods of time
3rd well... I think the first two pretty much cover it
-
My humble little work station during a evening workshop
with Joan Schmitz at Stamp Antonio
-
Now just because you are not good at something doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. I can't sing great either but that has never stopped me from belting one out with the car radio. So although I have no illusions of becoming the next White House Calligrapher, I'll keep taking the odd workshop and you'll find me at the San Antonio Calligraphy Guild  (SACG) Meeting on Thursday night. It's exposing myself to  these creative outlets that often leads to the next idea for me to incorporate in glass.
-

No comments: