Tuesday, July 12, 2011

At Home with Glass

beveling edges of a future bowl
When I start on a particular piece I have a vision of what I want to accomplish. As I work that vision adjusts and becomes real. I gain a familiarity with the work; the raw materials, the changes that take place in the kiln, and the changes I effect coldworking. In the end I am intimately acquainted with the piece as it stands alone. I catalog it, photograph it but rarely see the work in the fuller context of someones home or office. Recently several people sent me pictures of the pieces they purchased on display. It was really wonderful to see how these items fit into their new environment and how they contributed to another's vision/design. Thank you so very much for sharing. It brings me great joy to see these pieces become a part of someone's world.
-

No comments: