Saturday, July 9, 2011

Star Light Star Bright

I had so much fun with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I wanted to recreate that experience.  I recently made some kiln carved pieces of Suns, Moons, and Stars that were suited perfectly to this type of display. Working with nursery rhymes is pure joy. I can't help but repeat these rymes over and over to myself will working. They are words that bring back memories and stir rising hopes.  Who could not smile with these pure and simple thoughts in one's mind. 
-
 Kilnformed and Sandblasted Glass
-
Star Light Star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish I wish tonight.

My only wish now is they might bring as much joy to someone else as it did me in making it. These pieces was just delivered to Artisan's of Rocky Hill. You can contact Artisans directly for more information.
-
 Kilnformed and Sandblasted Glass
-
I see the moon (and) the moon sees me
The moon sees the somebody I'd like to see
God Bless the moon and God Bless me
And God Bless the somebody I'd like to see.
-
These are way to much fun. I'm certain there will be more of this type of work in my future. Besides I still have bright yellow suns to finish. You are my sunshine, my only sunshine... maybe.  Look for it coming soon.
-

No comments: