Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cool Down with a Cool Drink

 
It's been so hot. All I want to do is cool down. Although normally I might enjoy a glass of red wine with dinner this is the time of year to hear ice clinking in your glass. The Greyhound is a simple and refreshing grapefruit cocktail that makes a fabulous summertime treat. Thank you Louise for the locally grown organic grapefruits. I can't imagine you would disapprove of my use of them.
 
Ingredients:
  • 2 oz vodka,  I suggest trying Texas local Enchanted Rock
  • 4-5 oz grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed is preferable
  • Ice cubes
  • Lemon or lime wedge for garnish
Preparation:
  • Pour the ingredients into a highball glass with ice cubes.
  • Stir
  • Garnish with a lemon or lime wedge 
  • Sit back, relax and remember to drink responsibly

No comments: