Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Red Hot

-
Seems like everyone, even the cows, are looking for a cool spot in the shade to bet this summer heat. I can't say that I blame them. I was recently asked why I hadn't produced more new work this month. Before I could think through a proper response I blurted out, "it's hot". Working up the motivation to go out into my unconditioned workspace to load kilns doesn't come easy when they call those level II heat advisories. What new work I have completed recently is most definitely influenced by this "red hot" south Texas summer we are having.

 -
 red HOT - Kiln Carved Bas-Relief available at Artisans of Rocky Hill
-
Yet another example of the  techniques students will learn in the Kiln Carved Workshop at the Kerr Arts & Cultural Center on October 22, 2011.
-

2 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

hope it cools down for you soon so you can get back it it ;)

aimee said...

Beautiful photos! I saw your art work. Those are beautiful pieces!