Thursday, December 29, 2011

Just joined ISGB

With a new year approaching, I decided it was time to join the International Society of Glass Beadmakers (ISGB). If you know me, you know I do not make glass beads on  mandrel. So you might wonder why I decided to join ISGB? Here's what I'm thinking. I continue to do more and more work on a torch. Primarily I create components which I use in my kilnformed work like the Navajo Blanket or in fused functional pieces. Although some of the kilnformed glass jewelery I make would technically be considered a bead, really what I'm after is a little more exposure to those flame working skills. I think ISGB just might be able to offer me that. Earlier this year I joined the Society of Artisan Lampworkers of San Antonio (SALSA) and that's gone okay so far. So I figured this would be a good next step. So here it goes...

Working with a strip of Bullseye glass on a hothead

No comments: