Saturday, December 10, 2011

Twisted Cane and Latachino

Twisted cane and latachino ranging from 6-24" in length.
-
Last night I had the opportunity to sit for just a couple of hours at the torch over at Dream Fire Studio. Torch work can be very relaxing and even meditative. For that window in time you concentrate on just what is in front of you forgetting the other actives of the day. This was just what I needed. With no specific plan in mind I selected a color pallet of emerald green, Egyptian blue, and black. Laying the colors over a white center I pulled a handful of latachino and a few twisted canes. These seem to be begging to be used a piece of stringer fabric or a glass weave. I'll just have to come up with some special use for them.

2 comments:

SibStudio said...

How interesting! They are really pretty - can't wait to see how you use them!

Sandy said...

Very nice! I can see them decorating a tree like icicles.