Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Handmade Holiday Gift Tags

Dressed with a silver bow, a bit of ribbon,
a glass ornament and my
4x2" kilnformed and copper foiled ornament
this gift looks almost as special as the individual it is for.
-
A special gift deserves as special tag. As I am wrapping a few gifts for family and friends I decided to reach for the ornaments I had finished just in time for the Pearl Brewery Artist Market. Although they sold well, I inevitable still have a few just perfect for that special gift. Once the gift is unwrapped this lovely little ornament can continue a long life year after year on the Christmas Tree. Made with the glass from picture frames, after a light application of glass powder in the kiln, they were put together using very traditional stain glass techniques of copper foil/solder.
-

No comments: