Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Inspiration and Aspiration

Perusing the stacks of a used book store recently I found this book on glass paperweights. With my recent focus on murrine making, I considered this find very fortuitous. Glass paperweights are fully of murrine and millefori. The book gave me a cursory background on glass paperweights which was fairly interesting. More importantly to me it is a wealth murrine examples. With torch time at Dream Fire Glass scheduled for tomorrow, I am studying this book as I work out a plan for how to approach my time at the torch. Spring is just around the corner, so millefori maybe...

1 comment:

Tisha said...

Sounds wonderful. My mom use to have large glass paper weight when I was a child. It was clear and had orange flowers and bubbles inside of it. I loved looking at it. I guess that started my love for glass things. I have a large curio full of very colorful blown glass animals. It's amazing when the light is on and all those colors just sparkle.